Thursday, May 05, 2011

Day 57-58 - I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud (digital art)

This was a 2-day project, mostly because "Gandalf The Silver" (a Dell laptop) has a slow processor.Other than that, this was a fun birthday project for my 23-year-old daughter, Brittani. Happy Birthday Britti! The daffodils were photographed in my garden, then taken into Photoshop and given a painty look. I added her favorite poem, I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud, painted up a canvas, mounted it and hung it in her room.

 

 

"I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD"

I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
          That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
          When all at once I saw a crowd,
          A host, of golden daffodils;
          Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
          Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

          Continuous as the stars that shine
          And twinkle on the milky way,
          They stretched in never-ending line
          Along the margin of a bay:                                  
          Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
          Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

          The waves beside them danced; but they
          Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
          A poet could not but be gay,
          In such a jocund company:
          I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
          What wealth the show to me had brought:

          For oft, when on my couch I lie
          In vacant or in pensive mood,                               
          They flash upon that inward eye
          Which is the bliss of solitude;
          And then my heart with pleasure fills,
          And dances with the daffodils.
                              William Wordsmith, 1804

No comments:

Post a Comment